Sunbeam Talbot 90 to a good home

Subject: Sunbeam Talbot 90 to a good home
From: "Ian Hobbis" <ihobbis@metware.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:22:28 +1300
Hi all,
After alot of backwards and forwards and a few miss leads, I have tracked
down the owner Talbot DHC looking for a good home.
As per my first post, I was told it was free to a good home, but now the
owner says he is open to offers...but..I think he'll be happy just to get
rid of it....:-)))
here is all the info I have now...anyone interested can contact David
directly...good luck..
here's his address...
djp@nautinst.org

Ian Hobbis
1950 Mk1 DHC
New Zealand

>>Thanks for your message.

I do have a Talbot that I need to find a home for. It is presently in
the town of Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA in a garage of a house
that is being sold (and I live in London England).

I am not a great enthusiast, but I will describe the car as best I
can. I bought the car about 1987 as a project to restore and drive
around locally, however I soon left the area and never did do
anything to it. The fellow I bought it from could give most of its
history if anyone wanted it.

I believe it is a 1954 Sunbeam Talbot 90 4 seat convertible. I don't
think it has been on the road for at least 20-25 years and is not
road worthy now. In its later life it was a regularly driven car and as
such was fitted out with a Volvo P1800 engine with electric
overdrive for reliability sake. At some point it had been left outside
and therefore is quite rusty. There is no fabric left from the roof or
seats, the floor pans are well rotted, and there is some rust around
the rear wheel wells. The good news is that the the previous owner
had restored the front end (fenders, bonnet, grill etc) and it is in
primer with perhaps just some surface rust by now. It also has all
the bits, such as knobs, buttons and even the complete tool kit in
the boot.

If you know of anyone who would be interested in it, I will listen to
any offers, and am best contacted by e-mail.

Thank you for your interest, and good hunting,

Best regards,

David Patraiko