Re: Alpine Dana 44 rear end Swap???

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alpine Dana 44 rear end Swap???
From: <ellis838@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:03:47 -0500
Aaron
 Why not look into narrowing a ford mustang rear end. There are lots of them out
there and some have disc brakes. Shortening the housing is pretty straight
forward and I am thinking the axles can be cut and resplined. The bolt pattern
is correct and there must be ratios galore. I would look for a place that works
on big truck drive trains for the respline they may even be able to shorten the
housing. The only thing that could be a draw back is the u-joint. Probably
cheaper than a Tiger R/E definitely newer with disc brakes maybe a positrac, I
think I just convinced myself to look into it...  Jim