Oil cooler lines...

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil cooler lines...
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:18:24 -0500
Thanks for the replies.

I actually went to the local Hydraulic Hose Shop and they did have the
fittings.  I believe they were BS with Parallel threads... or something like
that.

The problems was the length of the crush collar on the straight fitting.
It is considerably longer and I was somewhat worried about making the bend.
The salesman stated, "these hoses were good to 4000 psi" at that point I had
visions of myself and the kids watching the oil filter launch from the
filter base if we were running 4000 psi... probably would be far better than
any Stomp Rocket... 4000 psi...you bet...

He did suggest that I could lathe off the extra length of the crush collar.
The salesman also recommended that he could use a 90 degree bend but being
that those parts were the most expensive fittings it really started to add
up.. well in excess of $100 (the actual hose had metal braid internal I
believe which may have been overkill).

That's about the time I posted the request.

Again, thanks for the reply.  I may try one more shop.  There has to be an
appropriate hose and fitting available for the application.

Steve Silverstein