Re: steel wheel color

To: <CMeinel464@aol.com>, <wiencek@anl.gov>
Subject: Re: steel wheel color
From: schristie@mail.usfli.com (Scott E. Christie)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:24:55 -0500
Over the weekend Ian and I checked this out (among other subjects still in
debate). I showed him a factory COLOR photo of a Series I with matching body
color wheels. I believe it's true Curt that Series I and possibly early
Series II cars came with wheels painted body color. So far I've found no
evidence that later cars came this way - all photos show the off-white
color.
There is also no evidence that GTs came with body color wheels.
I did not have time to extensively research this but if there's enough
evidence I can pull out old color ads and related material for a definitive
answer.
Scott Christie