Re: Polarizing the generator

To: "Timothy R. Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>,
Subject: Re: Polarizing the generator
From: "David Green" <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:08:04 -0700
Tim,

Yes the correct way is to flash the hot(in this case the negative terminal of
the battery) to the field. The closest  battery negative source would be the
starter solinoid. You can flash it at the regulator field terminal also if the
generator is hard to access as they usually are. One or two touches of about 2
second each should be sufficant.

Dave Green(owner of a few Alpines & 1 Mk1 Tiger)