Oil Pressure Paint fading

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Paint fading
From: "steven kirk" <stevenkirk@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:43:11 -0500
I have noticed the oil pressure on my series 2 with a 1725 cc engine appears
to be low when at low revs such as waiting at a traffic light. The oil
pressure is OK at high revs. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do
I cure this? I have heard there is a way of modifying the oil pressure valve
has anyone done this? Any suggestions thanks?

The car I own was in storage for 6 years. The car was sent to a bodyshop to
repair some minor rustspots and scratches after the 6 years in storage. The
bodyshop was unable to match the existing paintwork, they were given the
correct color by myself and painted the whole car. The bodyshops excuse was
the paint faded while the car was in storage, I do not accept this and would
welcome the lists opinion.  Also of note some small scratces were repaired
just prior to the car being put in storage without any problems by the same
persons.

Thanks

Steven kirk
1962 series 2