1592 w/1725 Head

To: "Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1592 w/1725 Head
From: "Chris Stephenson" <cs_tscg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:19:44 -0400
Ok group,

It has been a while since I have worked on (or driven) any of my Sunbeams.
But now, I have contracted to purchase the Series III shell from Tiger Auto
and I need some advice.

I have a 1592 engine that was professionally build. My intent was to use
that engine in my Series III GT rally car - the one I was building to run
the La Carrera Pan America. Well those plans are shelved indefinitely. Now,
I want to use that engine in the Series III I just purchased. My dilemma is
that I took a bunch of parts to the engine builder (at his request both 1592
and 1725) and he used the 1725 head on the 1592 block. I do not know which
cam he used. I also do not know which oil pump he used - I think he sourced
a new 1725 one. I know I can drop the sump to check on the oil pump, but how
can I tell if everything will work in unison? This engine was completed
several years ago, so I doubt the builder will remember. Also, we had a
little falling-out because he was not doing the quality of work I expected
on the body. So, I have this engine which is built for endurance - if
everything was put together right. Any advice?

Chris Stephenson
cs@tscg.net
(404) 915-7669

Series III - Rust Bucket