Good Story

To: "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good Story
From: "db" <dbilesky@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:44:38 -0700
When I bought my Alpine...7 years ago... is was after a disaster struck my
previous SV.
A nasty T-bone turned it into a parts car.

I drove to the address of the seller, a wreck of a house with an
old broken down garage.
We walked through the old garage to a door at the back.
This opened into a new, hidden secondary garage with a restored Alpine in
the middle.
Quite an amazing site.     He was selling because he felt too old to own it.

I looked at this car a could swear it was my old alpine.
By this time I had sold the old SV carcass.

The colour was the same, everything was exact, except my old one did not
have wires.
I bought it.

After discussion we came to the conclusion that we had met each other in the
last couple of years (now 9 years ago).  As it turned out he had bought
parts off my old t-boned wreck.

The Alpine I bought had the bumperettes off my old car.

http://sunbeamalpine.org/galleries/profiles/dougbilesky/dougbilesky.html

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
tbilesky1.jpg]