Another Interesting Story

To: "db" <dbilesky@home.com>, "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Interesting Story
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 25 May 2001 11:58:06 EDT
About 20 years ago I used to buy my parts from Imported Car Parts in Chester
New Jersey.  The owner (Doug) had a Tiger that he had bought VERY cheap from
an old widow.  He had seen an ad in a local newspaper for a Sunbeam Alpine and
went to look at the car.  The woman showed him the garage with the "Alpine" in
it.  The woman said her husband was always tinkering with the car and after he
died she had offered the car to the teenaged kid next door. The kid had
glanced at it in the dark garage and said it was a 4 cylinder Alpine and he
didn't want it.  When Doug opened the hood and the woman saw the engine with