Re: [Lacquer spray paint]

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Lacquer spray paint]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 5 Jun 2001 21:08:05 EDT
Chris,

There is one company that makes a lacquer type spray paint-the trouble is that
I can't remember their name.  Only good news is that I know they are one of
the big name brands and are sold nationwide and sold in stores like Target.

Next time I go down to the store I will check and post it on the list.  One
thing I do know-you can't use the stuff if it is damp and you CANNOT paint
over enamel (when it drys, it falls off!!!).

Jan Eyerman
1959 Hillman Minx Series III DeLuxe
1973 Hillman Avenger (ex Plymouth Cricket)

Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is there a way to determine if off the shelf spray
paint is lacquer or not if it does not say on the
front of the can.  I see lots of "enamel" lots of
"unspecified" and only a little lacquer at the
hardware store.  I guess I'm asking, what the heck is
it, if it is doesn't say enamel or lacquer on the
label?

Thanks,
Chris