Resistance question for Jarrid

To: JGross@econolite.com
Subject: Resistance question for Jarrid
From: "Christopher Albers" <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:33:11 -0700
Sorry to bomb the list, but I'm not sure of Jarrid's address.

Jarrid,

I've been having a resistance problem.  I have a 60amp fuse in between the
alternator & the ammeter (mainly to protect the ammeter).  When I use my
stereo (450 watts) the fuse gets very hot (I have noted molten solder at
one end of the fuse cap) and appears to develop a resistance in the
circuit.  The car then dies and no power makes it through the ignition
circuit.  All I usually have to do is fiddle with the fuse and connections
immediately surrounding it & the car will start right back up.  Should I
just eliminate the fuse altogether?  Should I be running a larger gauge
wire due to the high amperage (30+) that the stereo makes the alternator
put out?  I am currently running the stock brown alt wire.

CNA