Re: Sunbeam Venezias

To: "Roger Foote" <roger@silverbrook.com.au>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Venezias
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 08:57:42 +1200
Great to hear from you Roger. Your information is fascinating. I hope to go
see Dons one day, as I understand they are really quite beautiful cars in
the flesh.

I notice the engine is rated about 8 horsepower higher than the sceptres,
which I understand is due to a different cam. Do you have any further info
on why this may be so?

I own 3 mark 1 sceptres, and one mark 2. The guy I bought the Mark 2 off,
was ready to convert it to V8, as there was a v8 sceptre prototype made too.
Big job though, and the proto was an auto as there was no room for a clutch
pedal. Steering was very heavy as well. They never really attempted to get
it sorted.

You have my blessing regards converting your "basket case" Venezia. I think
it would be great knowing one of these was on the road.

I visit Australia for work at times, where are you based?

Greg