re:starter motors and brakes

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: re:starter motors and brakes
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:01:27 +1000
Listers,

I find it odd that anyone feels the need to replace the standard starter
motor on an Alpine - I have owned and used Rootes vehicles as daily drivers
ever since I started driving (25 years ago) and have never had a starter
motor fail on me - nor have I ever had to have one rebuilt. (Now that I've
put this in writing, maybe I need to do some serious knocking on wood!)

Someone mentioned how good Alpine brakes are in a recent posting - I must
agree. I have had many mechanics comment on how good the (stock) brakes are
on my Series 2. In Australia our yearly registration check includes a
braking test using a g-force meter - I also have a '93 Mitsubishi Magna with
4 wheel discs which I have had from nearly new and it has never come
anywhere near the reading I get for the Alpine in this test.

Rick Harrison