More Alpine rear ends.

To: "ALPINE LIST" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Alpine rear ends.
From: "DON HILL" <BIG.BABY.BELLA@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:22:05 -0700
I have another rear end question [ I mean Alpine rear ends really.] how much
freeplay should I expect on the drive shaft input. When I crawled under the
car to see if any important pieces had fallen off recently,I grabbed hold of
the drive shaft and rotated it to check for play. I have not measured the
amount of play yet but it does seem to be excessive to me. I did not notice
any other problems with the unit and the car drives very well with no abnormal
noises. Also the U-joints are new and no noticable in and out play.
---
Don Hill Seattle