Re: Gas Tanks

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Tanks
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:58:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/01 3:41:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, servaij@cris.com
writes:

> He uses an aircraft fuel tank sealing material
> that's red in color and I wouldn't trust anything else!

I am familiar with the aircraft sealer as I have built two homebuilt aircraft
in the garage and did the tanks with the stuff.  The POR-15 is just as
effective and I trust it over light rust.  I would never put the other over
anything but new or like new metal.
I won't be around and neither will my kids when these tanks decide to go.
Besides, fossil fuels will be history 30 years from now.  You will need to
install some other type of tank by then.

Paul