re: Jack Needed

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Jack Needed
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:00:58 +1000
Dear Listers,

I think the important thing to remember is never to work under a car no
matter what kind of jack you are using. Always use ramps or stands. I have
read and heard too many news items about people being killed under cars when
a jack fails - and we need all the sunbeam enthusiasts we can get!
As far as scissor jacks go - I can remember visiting a friend of mine who
was working under his Datsun 1600 using just a scissor type jack to support
the car, he got out from under to talk to me and a few moments later there
was a loud bang, which was the sound of the jack breaking and down came the
(wheel-less) car. I guess you could say I had inadvertently saved his life!
Food for thought anyway.

Rick Harrison