5 speed tranny

To: alpines@autox.team.net (alpines@autox.team.net)
Subject: 5 speed tranny
From: oaxacarob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:33:42 EDT
Piners
Just arrived home from several weeks abroad - great to have such interesting
reading on the list - over 500 e-mails.  Takes a bit of time to wade thru.
This may be old news, but I picked up a copy of "Classics" (summer 2001) from
a newsstand in Westport, Ireland.  One featured article concerned a Tiger
restoration by a former Rootes employee.  Good reading, even for Alpine
owners. This guy used a TVR gearbox to avoid any sheet metal mods - when
converting to a 5 speed trans.  I'm not sure if this is helpful, due to
shipping considerations.  Is anyone familiar with this conversion?

Robbie
66 SV