Re: Iske cams

To: jaars@cyberportal.net
Subject: Re: Iske cams
From: "Christopher Albers" <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 05:36:56 -0700
Which grind is it?  SB1, SB2, SB3 or SB4.  1 is stock, 2 is a mild street
grind & the one in my car, 3 is a rally grind and 4 is a racing grind.

Basically these grinds increase the usable rpm range with a concurrent
increase in torque & HP.  The SB3 is as high as you'll want to go for a
street application.  Even my SB2 has a fairly lumpy idle.  But it starts
to poop out around 5000rpm.  A hotter grind will take you higher.  The
stock cam is even good to 5500+ but the advantage of the SB2 is that the
torque peak range is reached quicker.  This is the pirmary advantage of a
hotter cam, faster throttle response.

An Isky cam will drop into your 1725 and you can use stock lifters.
However, DO NOT reuse old lifters on a new cam.  I also do not recommend
regrinding them (had a lifter failure in my fresh motor, destroyed the cam
and very nearly the motor).  Buy new lifters.

CNA