Model cars and Valve cover acorn nuts

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Model cars and Valve cover acorn nuts
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:29:32 -0400
I recently received one of the K+R white metal kits for the
Series IV+V Alpine.  It looks like it is a nice 1/43 scale model.
I hope to build it in the next couple of weeks.  They even sent
a set of mini-lite rims, a Talbot mirror, and a small racing windshield
so that I could make the model look like my race car.

K+R's web address...
http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/

I also ordered one of the LeMans race car models.  From a company in France
http://www.mafma.com/provence_moulage.htm  . It is a resin kit and I hope
the quality is OK.

I also ran across another interesting detail for the Sunbeams.  Phil Peron
told me that the Chrome Acorn Nuts for the Jag XK's valve cover also fits
the Alpine.  Moss's PN# is, 011-148.  I will have to try this but it
would be great to see Chrome acorn nuts on the aluminum valve cover.

Steve