Clutch problems

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch problems
From: "Ed Esslinger" <edstiger@snowhill.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:34:35 -0000
  Hi Guys
  My clutch will not disengage unless the clutch pedal is all the way to the
floor.( the  push rod is in the rear hole of the clutch arm)  I have
replaced the master cylinder same problem. I moved the slave cylinder 1/2
inch to the rear by adding washers .  It still won't disengage until the
pedal is on the floor. The clutch system has been bled many times and there
are no leaks. Why is there no difference when I move the slave rearward?  Ed
Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers
Deep South Rep TE/AE