Racing video

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing video
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:46:05 -0400
I don't know if anybody on the list would be interested but
Bob Kramer has about a 20 min video of racing at Marlboro in the
mid/early 60's.

He mentioned that there is a few Alpines in passing on the tape
and interesting enough he keeps referring to a fastback Alpine.
I can only imagine this is a Harrington.

Anyway, if you are interested in a copy, below are the details:

"I will be ordering the vidoe copies Monday, and I'm still trying to get to
50 units to bring the cost down. So if your are interested send me an email
with your address asap.

Snippage: Sorry to plug this on the main mail list, but I think this may be
of interest to many. A little while back I bought 2 ten minute 16MM films
racing films off eBay. The price was steep, but I intended to make VHS
copies to sell to recoup my expenses. I offered them up to the Triumph
racers first and we have 30 tapes so far. I'd like to get to 50, as the
price per copy goes down. Any money I make on this will go toward future
film purchases on eBay which I will make available the same way. What I have
is placed on one tape. It's about 20 minutes of uncut B&W footage, no sound.
The first 10 minutes appears to be at the Marboro track. The person taking
the film was most interested in the Bugeye Sprite races. The second film was
taken at Cumberland. A 1964/65 Mustang was a pace car, and that was the
newest car I saw. This section was filmed by the crew of a TR4 that was
racing against the Group 44 TR4. These guys also did a better job of filming
the other races (now I'm not saying Bugeye racing isn't cool). If you want a
copy just send me your name and address now. Each tape will be $20 including
USPS Priority Mail."

Bob Kramer
rgk@flash.net

It should be interesting seeing some of the Group 44 cars...

Steve Silverstein