H-Modified race cars with Imp engines

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: H-Modified race cars with Imp engines
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 12:24:54 -0400
I found a bit more obscure Sunbeam racing history.  H-Modified cars
were small displacement Sports Racers which ran in the 60's.  It was
a popular class because of the lower cost and they sometimes ran in
conjunction with the production car classes in the SCCA.

Anyway, the Imp engines were fairly successful with a number of
people running them in their H-Modified specials.  Fred Cox, from Nashville,
TN, won division championships as well as Miner and Denton.

Nick England has put together a webpage which features the Beach chassis
which Cox, Miner, and Denton ran.  I have added a direct link to Nick's
site from my site on the front page.

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/racing/Alpine_racing_home.html

So, tell your Imp owning friends to check out the site.  These
are really neat race cars.

Steve Silverstein