Re: Virus again

To: "Ian Spencer" <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Subject: Re: Virus again
From: "steven Kirk" <stevenkirk@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:04:14 -0600
I believe I was one of the victims of the W32badtrans virus. I wish to
apologise to anyone this sent an e-mail to without my knowlege.  Anyone
infected by this virus needs to change any passwords on their computer
including the password to their internet service provider as this virus can
pass these to a third party.

Happy New Year
Steven Kirk
1962 Series 2

> The virus, W32badtrans, isn't coming from the list server... it's coming
from
> people who are members of the list that are infected. It copies the
infected
> PC's address book and mails itself to everyone in it. It also keeps a
record of
> all your keystrokes and phones home. I''m sure it does this every time the
PC is
> rebooted and probably on a regular timed interval too. It's important to
> remember that our list server won't pass attachments.
>
> Another virus, W32Goner,  is designed to hit a workstation and knock out
any
> security settings or software on the PC. It opens the door for
W32Badtrans.