Re: Rear Leaf Springs

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Leaf Springs
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:12:47 EST
Scott,
I took mine apart and had each one sand blasted and then powdered in
semi-black.  I saved the nylon inserts between the springs and reused them.  I
supose you could use something else or get enough good ones by going through
some old springs.  There are some that really take a beating and some were like
new.  I tried to move them around a little.  I lightly greased between each
spring when assembling.
And lastly, I put new bushings in the ends.

They are fresh, new and ready for a new body!!

Paul
Colorado