Re: Carpets on Series II

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Subject: Re: Carpets on Series II
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:05:30 -0500
Just for the record, Alpines never came with full carpeting... that is unless
they were GTs. All Series I and II Alpines and 3, 4, and 5 STs had rubber floor
mats from front to back.  The only carpet was on the inner sills and tunnle
hump. There was also a small patch of carpet over the exposed hump under the
rear seat cushon too.

Now, on to the carpet. All the carpets are made for either SI & II's or S3, 4,
& 5. There is a difference and you will need to buy a carpet kit to fit by
Series as describe above. These kits are all multi pieces and should not be all
one piece.

I have pictures of the original rubber floor mats on my web site.
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org - Look under Concours Alpines in the carpet
directory. - Ian

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> Eddie Donovan <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA> 01/08/02 12:53PM >>>
I know there are differences (1 piece versus multi-pieces) between the
carpetting used in Series I and II versus the carpets for Series III, IV and
V. Does the Series III-V style of carpetting fit the Series I and II? Has
anyone used them in this way? Are there transmission tunnel differecnces or
others that affect fit?

Eddie Donovan
Carlsbad Springs, Ontario
Canada
Series II, 1961 - B9108405 LRX -    Being restored
Series II, 1961 - B9104430 ODLR - Future project