Sebring Alpine - Andrew Martin and images of Ted Block

To: Sunbeam <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sebring Alpine - Andrew Martin and images of Ted Block
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:31:57 -0500
Well, we tracked down Andrew Martin who has one of the Sebring Alpines and
it is Andrew's best guess that this is the Proctor/Harper car (not the
Miles/Spencer car as I had noted).

Andrew is still trying to find additional information about the car.
Basically, he can trace the ownership lineage back to the early 70's:

current owner - Andrew Martin
next - M. Andrews
next - Mike McGlaughlin
next - Dr. James Bragno (this name is familiar and I don't know why)
next - Unknown, but this would be early 70's

>From my information, I believe that the car may have been Ted Block's car
(old paint on the car suggest this) but we really need additional images of
Ted Block's race car.  Images of Serge May's car would also help.

Do any Alpine owners in the old Cal Club area have photos of some of the
races with possibly Ted Block in the image???  Was Ted Block's car white and
black???

Thanks, any information would be appreciated.

Steven Silvertein
www.racingalpines.org

BTW, Andrew is really enthusiastic about this car.  Hopefully, we will see
it back in action in the next couple of years.