RE: E-Brake color

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA>,
Subject: RE: E-Brake color
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:47:53 -0500
There are two variations of the later e-brake handle (S3, 4, 5). The obvious
way to tell them apart and to see what color it should be is by the plastic
knob, or button on the end. You know, the thing you press to release the
e-brake when it on.

The early type is moulded in silver grey plastic and has a round bezal and
button at the end of the handle. These are painted silver grey.

The later type has a black bezal with a hood or flared end, this and the button
is also black plastic. These are painted black.

I'm not real sure, as far as Alpines are concerned, when this change took
place. I'm thinking it was in and around the change from Series IV to Series V.
I have no idea what would be correct for the Tiger. - Ian

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> Frank Marrone <Fmarrone@turinnetworks.com> 01/31/02 01:32PM >>>
My early MKI tiger came with a black handle.  I repainted it black thinking
it was original.  I'm very interested to know if this is correct or not.

Frank
B9471116
http://home.attbi.com/~itswonderful/Tiger.html