Re: Ex. Manifold Repair

To: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>, "Ron Tebo" <tebomr@cadvision.com>,
Subject: Re: Ex. Manifold Repair
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:26:10 -0800
From: "Louis & Laila" Subject: Re: Ex. Manifold Repair

> After I was finally done, I put it on the car. It
> sprung a leak through the front face. I bought a new one from SUnbeam
> Specialties for $17.00 and was happy the damn thing was so cheap. I figure
> spent 5 hours f-ing around with something that wasn't worth it not to
> mention the cost of the aluminum, helium, rod, cutting tools etc. If I
could
> buy those 5 hours of my life back for $17.00 or even $30.00 I would in a
> heartbeat!

Not too bad for a "Jarhead"! I learned a similar lesson as a "Grunt", back
in about '67.....

"There's never time to do it right, but ALWAYS time to do it over!"

To learn this lesson in only 5 hours, and only cost $17.00 or $30.00, Lou,
you got off cheaply!! To have learned the same lesson later in life would
have cost you more time and money.....

Your friend,
    Carl    CSRG/HSR-West #247 series 1 Sunbeam Alpine
                                                         Lotus 61 formula
Ford