RE: Inertia reel seat belts

To: "Steve Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Inertia reel seat belts
From: "Tom Hill" <tom.hill@att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:43:07 -0600
Steve,

I tried unsuccessfully to fit a set of retractable belts I bought from a
street rod outfit.  I planned to mount them to a bracket and mount the
bracket to the "factory" mounting hole on the rear fender well.  The problem
I had was that the retractor needed to be mounted straight up and down.  In
addition to having a inertial mechanism, they also locked if the car was in
an inverted position.  I wound up buying the 3-point fixed belts from
Sunbeam Specialties.

Tom Hill