ID Plates

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: ID Plates
From: "Steve Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:11:55 +1000
I have a small problem that I hope someone can help. The origional ID plate on
my V is quite knocked about and the printing is gone however the rear stamped
ID code is quite ok. I purchased a new blank plate from the Sunbeam Club in
England expecting it to be stamped with the origional ID numbers.
I cannot find anyone able to rear stamp the plate and was told the aluminuim
plate would need a male rear stamp and a front female stamp to correctly stamp
the blank plate, a one off manufacture of a set of stamps in the hundreds of
dollar range.

My options are to front stamp it as per Tigers (I am told) or see if I can
obtain a clear sticky printer paper and recreate the printing on the computer
and attach it to the old plate.  Unless anyone knows where to get it rear
stamped and can let me know.

Thanks
Steve Graham