Re: Brake Lights

To: "Steve Shuttleton" <sshuttleton@pac-kit.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Lights
From: "Jon A." <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:06:54 -0500
If you've tried 2 new switches already, the only suggestion I can make is to
bleed the brake system again, at the switch. Just have someone push the
pedal down firmly while you slowly unscrew the switch. (carefully wrapped
with rags to avoid fluid spillage!) Sometimes an air pocket will form at the
switch, causing a slow response to pressure. It's worth a try at this
point!!

Oh, and you aren't by any chance using silicone brake fluid, are you? I've
heard reports of silicone fluid causing premature failure of brake light
switches. It's also slightly more compressible than conventional fluid.

Hope this helps!

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA