Re: Restoration sequence

To: "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoration sequence
From: Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:33:31 -0600
On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:29 am, you wrote:
> The ziplock idea is one I learned last year when I started rebuilding my
> 59 VW and is a great one!  I also like the idea of pre-purchasing screws
> and bolts.  I must have missed that message (only been on the list for a
> couple of weeks).  I know there are a few Alpine sources for stuff like
> this... any one in particular?

Ziplock bags are great for larger things, but can be torn up by screws and
pointy bits, especially as they get bounced around in boxes. Once they
have a hole in them, your parts may as well be loose, because they're
going to fall out or snag or something. Go to a Wal-Mart photo-finishing
counter and ask to pick through their discarded film canisters. Take as
many clear ones as you can get. Each canister will hold the small parts of
almost every component on an Alpine. There were only a couple cases where
I needed more than one.

--

=              J e r o m e   Y u z y k | jerome@supernet.ab.ca

=    Sunbeam Alpine Series II #9118636 | www.bss.ab.ca/sunbeam