Re: [Re: Too Hot!!]

To: "Jan Eyerman" <jan.eyerman@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Too Hot!!]
From: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:28:33 +1000
Agreed, Jan, and a generally good tip for the list.

In my case I was going thru this thermo-trauma with a firm that had rebuilt
my engine, so they were doing the replacing .  The engine concerned (a V8
Holden) is a bit known for its marginal cooling and sensitivity to the
'right' thermostat.

I nearly got to the point of boring a 1/8 th hole thru the thermo, which I
once did with a great deal of success on a BMW 2002.  It never overheated
again, but always warmed up enough.  This trick was well known in the BMW
club back in the '80s, but I can't recommend it for other makes.

Cheers

Vic