Re: Overdrive relay

To: "Tim Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive relay
From: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:08:10 +1000
Tim,

On my Right Hand Drive S3 the relay is mounted on the engine side of the
firewall, on the driver side of the car, high up.  The top of the relay
bracket is about 1/4 inch below the join between the firewall and the panel
that connects it to the top of the plenum chamber.  It is secured with 2
self tapping screws - the outboard of which is slightly above and just
inboard of the wiring loom; the inboard of which is above and slightly
outboard of the hole for the speedo cable.

I suspect that Left Hand Drive cars may be similar to mine, as there is
limited space in the "mirror" position.  Mind you, that never stopped Rootes
putting bolts in inaccessible positions (how about that front nut on the
fuel pump)

Cheers

Vic