Re: Jumping third

To: "Jarrid Gross" <JGross@econolite.com>
Subject: Re: Jumping third
From: "lauri lehtinen" <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:04:22 +0300
> Larry,
>
> Jumping third means there is a bent third/fourth
> shifter fork.  Also the third gear might have
> severe wear on the dog clutch.
>
> Jarrid

thanks again, Jarrid.
For me this sounds to suit very well to the sickness, because there is odd
whirll if sift lever is pushed too much when shifting to 3rd. There are no
difficulties or noise when shifting any gear, so synchro rings seem to be
ok. And yes, all dogs and synchro teeth were ok as long as I could see
between the shifter safts and forks. I tried to check them without
dismanteling the box.

BTW you learn very quick to avoid motor braking with 3rd. Even then when it
jumps off only about every 10th time...

Larry