Re: Engine problems

To: "ESPEN HOLM" <e_holm@c2i.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine problems
From: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:24:09 +1000
Hi Espen,

I have experienced similar problems two times.

First case was in a 1971Ford Capri that had just had a replacement engine.
It was caused by a non working vacuum advance, a result of the distributor
base plate having rusted.   Cured by the garage that stripped the
distributor right down to clean it.

Second time was in a 1978 Holden Torana in which the spark plug leads had
built up too much resistance, and would not transmit the spark, cured by new
leads.

hope this helps and good luck

Vic