Re: [Engine problems]

To: "ESPEN HOLM" <e_holm@c2i.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Engine problems]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:21:55 -0400
Possibly lack of fuel due to clogged pickup in tank, clogged fuel line or bad
fuel pump.

Jan

"ESPEN HOLM" <e_holm@c2i.net> wrote:
What happends if the valve gap is too tight?
I just changed the engine to a rebuilt one incl the rebuilt top on my SV
(1725cc), however I can't get it run properly. At idling speed everything
seems fine, but as soon as I start driving it seems pulling the accellerator
pedal it seems like the engine is choked in some way and there is really no
spirit. And after another few minutes, especially when climbing hills the car
seems to choke even more, and then then one or two cylindars does not seem to
work and everything is really slow and sounds bad. I just have to stop for a
few minutes then I can go on again for another few - quite annoying! Could
this be the valve gaps are  too tight? I know they should be 0,35 and 0,30
mm,
however I haven't been able to chech that properly. I also wonder if it could
be something with the ignition things, I have just tuned that by hand eg. no
stroboscope or anything.
Temperature seems to be allright, oil pressure also.
Or what else could this be?
Hope there is some good advice out there!

Espen (Norway)