Re: Series V sump

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Series V sump
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:33:21 -0400
Hello Paul,
  All the 1725's I have taken apart have had a baffle and most of the
baffles have been cracked. You should put it back it helps keep oil
around the pickup and may also keep oil from flying around and creating
a parasitic power loss. I would always remove the baffle so you can
clean the metal bits and sludge out of the front of the sump, it is
amazing what is in there. Just carefully cut it out clean remove your
dent and then weld it back.  Jim