Re: uh oh...

To: msmcmahon <msmcmahon@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: uh oh...
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:37:39 -0700
msmcmahon wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I just started my S1 back-up after a valve cover and side cover gasket
> replacement and the oil filter was losing oil out of the top.
> I recall tightening it nicely but not excessively. What have I done wrong?
>
> Mike McMahon
> B9005702

Mike, When you replace the filter element, did you notice that the
spring and the large sheet metal washer was still in the oil filter
container. Be advised that with out that spring and washer, all the oil
will bypass the filter and will return without being cleaned???!! There
is also a seal at the top hole, so it might be damaged as well.
Jan
--