Re: [Re: horn relay]

To: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: [Re: horn relay]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:21:26 -0400
The horns themselves would be the key.  The reason a relay is used is because
the power draw of the horns is so high the horn button could not handle the
amperage (current load).  If the horns were changed to lower power draw, the
relay could be eliminated.  I know that the '69 and later Alpine GT used low
power horns and did not have a relay and I know the Series II Rapier (1958)
had high powered horns and definitely used a relay.  When did the change take
place in the horns?

Jan Eyerman

Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk> wrote:
Alpiners,

the series 1 had a horn relay as shown in the wiring diagram, not shown
for series 2 but I would bet there's a good chance that early series 2
used late series 1 parts.

regards

Jeff

In message <AAEA464D7AADD5119034009027F70050CF381A@ARROYOMAIL>, Jarrid