Alpine at Uluru

To: <JACranwell@aol.com>, <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>,
Subject: Alpine at Uluru
From: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:58:34 +1000
Well I'm back and sorry, no I didn't take the Alpine.  Flew to The Alice for a
conference and afterwards drove to Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon in a
hired late model Corolla - quickish, reliable, easy to drive and utterly
boring, - not as competent an FWD chassis as my 1987 Camira (GM J Car).

For those considering  "Rootes to the Rock" next year, my advice is do it if
you can!  "The Centre" is brilliant - astonishing scenery, sensational
colours, ancient landscapes (the Finke River has flowed along the same course
for 100 million years).

As for an Alpine at Uluru, we'll have to wait until next year....

Cheers

Vic