Re: [RE: volt meter]

To: "Paul Tring" <paultring@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: [RE: volt meter]
From: "lauri lehtinen" <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:49:08 +0300
Yes, voltmeters and alternators go hand in hand. Maybe it is historic
(producing costs of ammeters?) or the nature of generator/alternator and
their behavior when measuring either voltage or amperes.
In brit bikes an ammeter acts as the only fuse in the system. Burning
bright.
An ammeter has to pass all amperes trough it and have internal resistance as
near to nil as posseble. It is a kind of welding machine when short cut. A
voltage meter should have internal resistance as high as posseble, so it
don't leak current trough and so disturb measuring.

Insulate your cable connections around amp meter as well as posseble. I
haven't done it, but I have my good angel Pelsebub allways near to me. Or
was his name Lucas??

Larry