Re: Valve adjustment (fwd)

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Subject: Re: Valve adjustment (fwd)
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:11:06 -0400
Hmmm.. don't exactly know, Jim.. it's one of those sort of old mechanic's
tricks that floats around but never gets written down, I suppose.. like
hardening chisels with a torch, using wooden matches to see when aluminium
sheet is ready for gas welding and leaving your body hammers in a bucket of
water overnight...  you learn'em from the old guys and then after a while
you look around you realise you ARE the old guy now!  :o)

-Kevin

PS - The other comments re Fords are correct and my old mind had forgotten -
they timed their motors bass-ackwards to try and reduce some of the harmonic
vibration.  Also, I seem to recall that some French motors may also be
different as there are a rare few with reverse (back to front) cylinder
order, but the rule remains true - just count the other direction.