POR -15 and metal prep

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: POR -15 and metal prep
From: SerIIAlpine@netscape.net
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 04:45:56 -0400
Regarding the question about POR-15 I would like to ad my $.02.

Metal that has ANY rust shoud be sanded till shiny and then primed with an
etching primer then primed with a primer appropriate for your top coat (I like
dupont and Glasurit products) any unaccess able rust should be treated witha
rust converter (Rust Mort)) and then primed and painted or undercoated.

The etching primer is a must and you should wipe ALL surfaces to be
painted/primed with a cleaner/degreaser or at least laquer thinner first to
remove oils from your hands and any sweat(there should be at least some).

Follow all instructions on the products you use and work your way back from
your finish coat to primer in regards to compatability.

You may email me directly for more specific details and  recommendations.
As well as pictures of my DIY serII paint job.

Good luck

Eric
'62 serII

ejmw62@telocity.com