Hood Latch

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood Latch
From: "Bob Berghult" <alpinebob@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:34:13 -0400
Hello Again,
Well the DOP has struck again =-( .  I haven't been able to get my hood to
stay latched.  Upon trouble shooting we have found that the incorrect latch
(the part attached to the hood is not the correct one)  One thing that gave it
away, me thinks, is the bolt threads are 8mm,  ??? and the shape of the head
that inserts into the receiver in the engine compartment is too small of a
diameter and that's why it's not staying in the receiver.
     Is there anyone out there that has a spare, complete hood unit, they
would like to sell.
     When it comes down to the last little nitty gritty stuff to finish a
restoration all you know what happens.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Berghult
Series IV 39 (mine)
Series II 30 (wife's)