Tech Tip

To: "Alpine, Message" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech Tip
From: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:37:07 -0500
Tech Tip!

Our Tech Tip this week is from Bob Stark - Thanks Bob

If like many of us LBC drivers we must put our cars away for the winter
and the only space available to us is our family garage, which also has
to house the family car. As you know bringing the winter car into the
garage also introduces moisture that condenses on the stored car. Here
is a procedure I have used with great success to keep the stored car
moisture free.

- Park the stored car on a plastic sheet to keep out moisture from the
cement floor,

- Cover the car with a breathable car cover,

- Place a small electric fan (computer muffin fan ) under the car so
that the air is circulated under and up into the car,

- Connect the fan to an event timer and run it for a couple of hours a
day during the wet winter season.

This procedure has kept our car moisture free during the worst of our
winters.