Sunbeam Arrow

To: Alex McGregor <awmcgregor@shaw.ca>, HIllman <hillman@can-inc.com>,
Subject: Sunbeam Arrow
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:47:27 -0500
A '67 Sunbeam Arrow would be a North American version of the Hillman Hunter.
If that is a Canadian version it would be somewhat more austere then the US
version.  Very, very nice cars-they have a rally record that would put almost
everything else on wheels to shame......

Of the three "great" rallies, "London to Sydney Marathon", "Peking to Paris"
and "Around The World", two of the three were won by a Hillman Hunter!!! The
first one was probably the most prestigous-it was entered by just about every
major rally team from Europe (in 1968 when Ford rallying was in it's golden
era) and two Hillmans were entered-both finished (an achievement in itself).

Jan Eyerman
past owner of a Sunbeam Arrow

Alex McGregor <awmcgregor@shaw.ca> wrote:
This message forwarded by the Hillman List.

Lokking at the local ad's today, while not local only 1200 mils away.
I've never cared much about any Rootes car but the Alpine & Minx,
although I knew about Rapiers as a part source for Alpines.

Anyway, is this a Rootes car or a renamed Chrysler?

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=72MVRXQ10304837&rubno=4000&pa=1&pr=1

If the link doesn't work, it's advertised as a 67 Sunbeam Arrow, C$2800.

Thanks in advance.

Al

S1 Alpine
59 Minx convertable

Please address all replies to messages from the Hillman List to:

     hillman@can-inc.com

This will assure that all members of this list will benefit from the
information in your reply.