Wiring Hitachi Alternator

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring Hitachi Alternator
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:36:07 -0800
I got a couple requests on how I wired the Hitachi alternator:

B+ goes straight to the battery side of the starter solenoid (all the
brown wires).  I used the same brown wire that used to go to the
alternator B+.

S goes to keyed power.  I had it looped to B+ but found that it drained
the battery when the car was off.

L goes to the ignition light bulb on the dash.  I used the brown green
wire that already goes to the light from the warning light simulator.  The
other side of the light bulb is the white wire that goes to the fuse box
for keyed power.

That's it.  By doing that, you remove the three boxes on the inside
firewall: Alternator relay, control box and warning light simulator.

Jay