Bond is back...

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Bond is back...
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:14:12 -0800
Drove my car a bunch this weekend, and to work today.  It's nice to have
it back.

My three kids were sitting in it taking turns at the steering wheel while
I was working on something else.  I then noticed that they were each
singing the James Bond theme song and pretending they were James Bond.  I
found that kind of funny as I would never really associate driving the car
with James Bond.  Sure I know and have seen Dr. No, and repeatedly watched
the chase scene.  And, I have been all excited about the possible finding
and purchase of that Dr. No car.  And, I take pride that the first car
driven by Bond was an Alpine (even if Rootes forced Broccoli and crew to
pay for it).   But, somehow, as I grew up, I associated Bond with Aston
Martin.  Oh well.  I guess it's because I've told the kids that Bond drove
an Alpine and the only two JB movies they've seen at this point are Dr. No
and Goldfinger.    I guess I've screwed them up for life!

Be beaming you,
Jay