Re: Great news on my Alpine today

To: bwana@c2i2.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Great news on my Alpine today
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:05:27 EST
This is the same condition I found in my Series 3 GT when I purchased it and
took the engine in for the machine work.  I wanted to keep the original
engine but I chose to find a 1700 instead.

However, the machine shop (race builders) told me they could repair it by
building those two surfaces up and then machining it back to original.  MUCH
more $$$ though, as you can imagine.  I had all kinds of metal in the oil.
It looked like matalic paint!!

It is possible and if this baby runs so well you might think about it.!!

Paul